Viper-Flex® Styx Journey
Viper-Flex® Styx Journey is a further development of our successful Viper-Flex® Journey shooting sticks. The improvements to Viper-Flex® Styx includes:
- Viper-Flex® Styx Journey is single-hand operated. A handle on the side of the shooting sticks makes it possible to unfold the shooting sticks with the hand in front, ready for shooting. The handle can be moved to the right side, thus fitting shooters, shooting from the left shoulder.
- There is a built-in transmission in both top sections, ensuring that they are always in the same position, relative to the legs’ spread angle. (like a compass). With this system it is now possible to spread out the leg’s, to the normal standing shooting height, if you grasp the handle on the side and around the left pair of legs and lift the sticks off the ground. Squeeze the handle. If you need a little higher or lower rest, due to the nature of the terrain, you can just fine tune by grabbing one leg and adjust the spreading angle. If you want to use the stick for sitting or kneeling shooting position, simply shorten the legs and spread them out to the needed angle.
- The rubber feet on the Viper-Flex® Styx Journey are also new. They are designed to be used on hard, smoother surfaces, to ‘bite’ into the ground at a larger spreading angle, as well as tread on soft surfaces.
- The wide cradle, traditionally the front has been widened, so that you now can cover a larger area without having to move the stick.
- The fork previously intended only to support the rear stock has now been opened and provided with full rubber coating on the surfaces. As a result, the Viper-Flex® Styx Journey can now be used in both directions. The fork can now support the front stock, and the side adjustment can be done in the same way as when using bipods on the rifle.
- The top locking pin, that holds the legs, has now been integrated into the top piece and now made of rubber. This ensures a more silent operation of the sticks.
- The edge of the top sections has now been made so wide that it is the rubber on the side that touches the front legs, which reduces noise when you are carrying the shooting sticks.
Viper-Flex® Styx Journey is a strong and very stable set of shooting sticks, to be used for prone, sitting, kneeling and standing shooting without buying any extra accessories. (However, we still recommend using Single Leg to support for even better stability). The unique design means that you get solid support for taking your shots, thereby reducing the risk of wounding the quarry.
Use the Viper-Flex® Styx Journey for stalking, and driven hunting, as a support for your binoculars during the hunt or as a single leg or two-legged shooting stick.
Facts about Viper-Flex® Styx Journey
- Shortest length when disassembled: 65 cm
- Easy and quick adjustment to the desired heighT
- Manufactured from black anodised aluminium combined with carbon fibre
- Can be carried in an ordinary suitcase
- Clip Grips and bag included
- Suitable for shooters from 1.20-1.95 m tall
- Can be shortened to 118 cm
- Weight 1050 g
In stock (can be backordered)